The Republican Party presented an unforeseen challenge to Virginia Democrats this fall until it was too late to act.
Despite the Democratic Party’s built-in advantages in Virginia, a new poll shows that the party could remain in the wilderness if it doesn’t change course.
All that’s at stake is races in multiple highly-competitive congressional districts in 2022. Oh, and control of the Virginia State Senate in 2023.
As NBC News reports:
This week the NRSC released the findings of a poll conducted jointly with the Republican Governor’s Association in Virginia following the gubernatorial election of Republican Glenn Youngkin. Poll results can be found here.
- Biden job approval: 55% disapprove/44% approve.
- 71% of Virginians say that Terry McAuliffe spent far too much time and money running against Donald Trump.
- 82% of Virginians say the candidate’s education platform was important when casting their ballot.
- 68% of Virginians say Critical Race Theory should be kept out of schools.
- 67% of Virginians say inflation has made it harder to make ends meet.
Statement from NRSC Chairman Rick Scott: “Glenn Youngkin is the next Governor of Virginia because he focused on the issues that Virginians care about most. New NRSC/RGA polling in the state shows that voters overwhelmingly rejected the Democrats’ ‘woke’ agenda in education and their big-spending agenda that’s causing inflation. Thankfully for Republicans, Democrats have shown no signs of slowing down. They’re doubling down on the agenda that voters in Virginia soundly rejected.”
The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the positions of The Republican Standard.