Speaker-designee Todd Gilbert today announced five new additional Republican chairs for House standing committees this week. From the press statement:
“I’m pleased to announce more of the House of Delegates leadership team for the upcoming General Assembly session. These new committee chairs will bring a wealth of experience to their new assignments, and they join seven other chairs already appointed. I look forward to working with all of them to enact our shared common-sense, conservative agenda,” Gilbert said.
Gilbert’s appointments are as follows:
• Education: Del. Glenn Davis, R-Virginia Beach
• Finance: Del. Roxann Robinson, R-Chesterfield
• Counties, Cities and Towns: Del. Keith Hodges, R-Middlesex
• Privileges and Elections: Del. Margaret Ransone, R-Westmoreland
• Public Safety: Del. Tony Wilt, R-Rockingham
The newly recaptured House of Delegates will reconvene in early January with an eye towards enacting much of Governor-elect Glenn Youngkin’s agenda and making a push to undo much of the damage wrought over the last few years by Democratic majorities.